Western Caliber III Hygrometer

Started by Herfin' Chef, 05/10/2011 09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herfin' Chef

I purchased this Hygrometer as an upgrade for my latest Humidor. The instructions read that it needs no calibration, that it was set at the factory. I find this odd with a digital hygrometer.

Does anyone have experience with this brand or type of "no calibration needed" digital hygrometer?

I received an analog Hygrometer with the humi as well. Both hygrometers are undergoing a salt test as I type. I'm curious to see how the digital performs.

-Wayne-

:confused:  :confused:  :confused:
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

DonM

I have had one for 2 years now and am very happy with it, seems to be accurate consistently

"The Curmudgeon"

vw77guy

I could be wrong, but I thought digital hygrometers were accurate by design and didn't need calibration by the user.

Hot Stuff x

I only buy ones you can calibrate.  Those (digitals) that I have that can't be calibrated are off from 5-20%.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Herfin' Chef

As a follow up:

After a 36 hr salt test. The Analog is "balls on" 75% (no calibration performed)

The "factory preset" digital is at 71% respectively.

I guess the analog is going in the new humi, and the digital is going in an aging box.
Considering it took 36 hours to get a reading, I would rather use it in a box I'm not going to be in every day.
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.