WA - Aug 11- Studio Tobac event @Smokey Joes

Started by Juicestain, 07/24/2011 11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juicestain

Me and some friends from another forum are attending this event. If any of you are going to be there post up so I can say hello in person! 

Thursday, August 11thSTUDIO TOBAC 2011 WORLD TOUR FEATURING CAIN DAYTONA 

Edit: Official event time is 3pm-8pm

The tour will only be making 2 stops in the area .....one of which will be right here! 

Russell Graham from Oliva will be here along with the customized one-of-a-kind Chevrolet Corvette. 

We will have special pricing on all box purchases along with some limited edition sample packs that you can only get at exclusive Studio Tobac World Tour stops. 

There will also be food and raffle tickets for those making box purchases.So make plans to be here and, as always......Smoke, Relax and Enjoy!!! 

87North

'Fraid its a bit out of the way for me...  :-(
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

metalhead y cigarguy

Sounds like a fun event, and not to far away. That's an awesome looking cigar lounge as well. I'll have to look into it.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Shukpaw

I didn't see a time.  If I can free my schedule up I think I will go to this.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

horrido

"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

lubrix

The tour will be in my city Aug 27th a the local B&M,looking forward to that sampler!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

ntanner

looks like nice event, to far for me though. enjoy.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

NES Tek

I'll have to check for my area. Sounds fun.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Juicestain

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 7/24/2011  11:26 PMSounds like a fun event, and not to far away. That's an awesome looking cigar lounge as well. I'll have to look into it.

Have you never been to Smokey Joes?!? I live a 2 hour drive from there and make the trip at least once a month to herf it up. Second best lounge I have been to! (The first best being Mahogany above Holts in downtown Philadelphia.) Events are usually 3pm+, I will check and post up when I know the time for sure.

Juicestain

Edited the first post to reflect the official time of the event (3-8pm). I was also told this is the Smokey Joes anniversary party as well. I don't 100% know what that means but I would guess food and drink specials and maybe some give aways! I plan on getting there around noon(ish) to get some lunch and a non Studio Tobac cigar (seems kinda rude to smoke a non branded cigar during their event!) in me before the event kicks off. Dunno how late I will stay as I am riding with a friend but hopefully till 5 or 6 at least.

Herfin' Chef

Wish I could make it, but it's a bit far.

-w-
(unofficial Man of War)
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

Shukpaw

I have successfully cleared out my schedule and barring something unexpected coming up I am going to make this.

I am looking forward to meeting Justin and his friends.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Juicestain

Heading out in an hour! Looking forward to meeting you Neil.

Juicestain

Had a sweet time at this event! And it was awesome to meet you Neil (Shukpaw)! Went home with an arm load of sticks and swag including a nice hand delivered bomb from Neil! Had to bug out early but we handed our raffle tickets over to Neil so hopefully he made out like a bandit. On my phone right now but I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow.

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteJuicestain - 7/25/2011  4:48 PM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 7/24/2011  11:26 PMSounds like a fun event, and not to far away. That's an awesome looking cigar lounge as well. I'll have to look into it.

Have you never been to Smokey Joes?!? I live a 2 hour drive from there and make the trip at least once a month to herf it up. Second best lounge I have been to! (The first best being Mahogany above Holts in downtown Philadelphia.) Events are usually 3pm+, I will check and post up when I know the time for sure.

Nope. I've never been there. I've actually never even heard of the place until this post.  The only cigar lounge I've been to has been in Portland, OR which is about 30 minutes away. It's a really cool place and the lounge is nice.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Juicestain

I can see why you have not checked it out. If you are 30min from Portland you are prly around 4+ hours from Fife. My WA geography is bad!

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteJuicestain - 8/12/2011  8:05 PM

I can see why you have not checked it out. If you are 30min from Portland you are prly around 4+ hours from Fife. My WA geography is bad!

I'm about 10 minutes east of Vancouver, WA. Fife is about 3 hours from me as long as traffic is not terrible.

The lounge in Portland is called Kells. It's an Irish Pub and it has a cigar lounge downstairs. They have a small humi but an okay selection for what it is. The prices are terrible though because its more just a cigar room and not a real cigar lounge. It's got a good atmosphere though. If you're ever in Portland it's a cool place to hang out. Great bar, good restaurant and live music every night.

Shukpaw

I finally downloaded my pictures from the Smokey Joe's event.   I had a good time.  I enjoyed getting to meet Justin (Juicestain), Josh (Mortanis), and their friend Andy.  They are all very nice guys who I would be happy to hang out with again.

We all bought boxes of Cains or Nubs at the event.  For every box you bought you got 5 raffle tickets.  They left before the raffle and gave me all their tickets.  I had about 10% of all the raffle ticket.  There were about 30 prizes, so statistically I should have won 3 prizes.  It was about 50% cigar prizes and 50% alcohol prizes.  I won one prize, a bottle of Bloody Mary mix with a bottle of Vodka.  Oh well.  I won it with one of their tickets.  We'll have to figure out a way to share the prize.

I also met a couple of other guys at the event, Sean and Dan, who I hope will join the site.

The picture, from left to right, is Josh, Andy, me, and Justin.

lubrix

That looked and sounded fun.The Studio Tobac Tour will be in my city next Saturday.Friends and I are looking forward to it.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.